Re: [Bucardo-general] doubts about target db?

От Periko Support
Тема Re: [Bucardo-general] doubts about target db?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Rakesh.

Let me explain my reason to have a replica server.

We run odoo server 7.x with ubuntu 14.

But we are working on a BI system right now(Pentaho), them we want to
run those heavy reports on the replica and let the current production
system on the master.

This is why I was thinking on a M-S setup.

Why don't u use PSQL built in replica tools? We try but exist  a lets
behavior of odoo that if u run a report he try to update some internal
tables and won't allow us to run our reports in the slave(streaming
replica).
Because the slave is in a ReadOnly mode.

Them we start searching for a solution and we came to bucardo.

Now, the BI server will just for that.

What setup guys recommend, M-M or M-S for my solution?

Now let me think in the future, I can think on a M-M-S, If the
master-1 fails we have the 2nd and nothing happen right and our
current S will continue running, bucardo let me do this?

Now let me back in the setup of bucardo, we u are in the setup, how
can I told to bucardo is a M-M or M-S?

Sorry for to much question, I want to understand all this and make my
own manual, I see a lot of settings of bucardo in the man page but not
to much examples.

youtube and google are giving me a lot info.

Thanks for your time and help!!!