Re: confusion about user paring with pg_hba and pg_ident

От arnaud gaboury
Тема Re: confusion about user paring with pg_hba and pg_ident
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 3:45 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/11/2016 04:25 AM, arnaud gaboury wrote:

> I am a little confused about some of my settings when it comes to map

> linux/psql users.

> I have two databases: mattermost and thetradinghall

> I have two linux users: mattermost and dovecot. mattermost  is the one

> who want to talk to mattermost and dovecot  the one who want to talk to

> thetradinghall.

> I have two postresql users: mmuser and mailman.

> Here are the relevant part of my config files:

> pg_hba.conf

> -------------------

>  local   thetradinghall      mailman                     peer

> map=mailmap

>  local   mattermost          mmuser                      peer

> map=mattermap

> pg_ident.conf

> ----------------------

>   mailmap        dovecot                 mailman

>   mattermap      mattermost              mmuser

> * question: can I use same mapname for my both DB, or using two mapnames

> like I did is the correct way?

Yes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/auth-username-maps.html

"Since different mappings might be needed for different connections, the

name of the map to be used is specified in the map-name parameter in

pg_hba.conf to indicate which map to use for each individual connection."

> Now testing:

> -----------------------------

> bash-4.3$ whoami

> mattermost

> bash-4.3$ psql postgres:///mattermost?

> psql: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user

> "mattermost", database "mattermost", SSL off

> I thought my settings told postgres that linux user mattermost was

> mapped by psql user mmuser (which of course holds the mattermost DB),

> but it seems it is not the case.

> What do I do wrong?

Did you remember to reload Postgres?

YES I did it this time