How to analyze locking issues of the startup process on hot standby replica?

От Maxim Boguk
Тема How to analyze locking issues of the startup process on hot standby replica?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I analyze a strange case with the startup process on replica spend almost all time in waiting state:
"postgres: startup process   recovering 0000000100004A3E000000BF waiting"
As a result recovery seriously lagged behind master (in range of hours).

Replica have hot_standby=on and almost always have some long running (in range of minutes-ten minutes) select queries.
I expected to find some not granted locks in pg_locks on the standby server, but select * from pg_locks where not granted; show no results.

Is there any way to look into the startup process and see what it waiting for (less invasive than gdb).

PS: there are no DDL routinely run on the master (so there no need accessexclusivelock on standby to apply ddl).

​Kind Regards,
Maksym​

--
Maxim Boguk
Senior Postgresql DBA

Phone RU: +7 910 405 4718
Phone AU: +61 45 218 5678

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maksym-boguk/80/b99/b1b
Skype: maxim.boguk
Jabber: maxim.boguk@gmail.com

"People problems are solved with people.
If people cannot solve the problem, try technology.
People will then wish they'd listened at the first stage."

Сообщение: Re: Replacement for Oracle Text
Сообщение: Re: Replacement for Oracle Text