Re: Portability issues in TAP tests

От Thomas Fanghaenel
Тема Re: Portability issues in TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> The tests weren't running for me at all on MacOS X, because I was
> missing some prerequisite.  So I installed it, and now they promptly
> fail:
>
> ok 2 - initdb --version
>     1..2
>     ok 1 - initdb with invalid option nonzero exit code
>     ok 2 - initdb with invalid option prints error message
>     # Looks like your test exited with 256 just after 2.
> not ok 3 - initdb options handling

I've had the same issue.  The error doesn't seem to come from a failed
test, but from within 'prove' itself.  Installing Perl 5.18 via
Homebrew, and setting
PROVE="<path-to-your-cellar>/perl518/5.18.2/prove" at configure time
seems to help avoid this particular problem.  So I did not attempt any
further diagnosis of the root cause.