Re: Reset date for Cumulative Statistics System when not in table

От blockdump
Тема Re: Reset date for Cumulative Statistics System when not in table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thank you so much for the info!

On Mon, Feb 26, 2024, 16:40 Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Mon, 2024-02-26 at 14:47 +0100, blockdump wrote:
> I am new to Postgres and started reading about the The Cumulative Statistics System.
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-PG-STATIO-ALL-TABLES-VIEW
>
> When I came across pg_statio_all_tables I was wondering what is the reference date for the
> counters like (heap_blks_read, heap_blks_hit ... ) This table does not have a stats_reset column like others.
> So are this numbers accumulating from the creation of the table or since the startup of the cluster ?
>
> Maybe someone can drop me a line.

Statistics survive a restart, but not a crash, so the statistics are
collected since the table was created, the latest crash happened or the
statistics were reset; whatever happened last.

Unfurtunately there is no way to find out the time when that happened.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe