Re: Indexing large table of coordinates with GiST

От Rémi Cura
Тема Re: Indexing large table of coordinates with GiST
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey,
You may want to post this on postGIS list.

I take that so many rows mean either raster or point cloud.
If it is point cloud simply consider using pg_pointcloud.
A 6 billion point cloud is about 600 k lines for one of my data set.

If it is raster, you may consider using postgis raster type.
If you really want to keep that much geometry,
you may want to partition your data on a regular grid.
Cheers,
Rémi-C