Re: Count of records in a row

От Rémi Cura
Тема Re: Count of records in a row
Дата
Список pgsql-general
héhé,
nice snipping Merlin !

I guess you are almost there, output is still wrong  (should be) (
> Eg: Take A,A,A,B,C,A,D,A,A,D,D,B,C,C and return: A,3; B,1; C,1; A,1;
> D,1; A,2; D,2; B,1; C,2
)

I don't understand enough to make the modifications =)

Cheers,
Rémi-C

2013/10/22 hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com>
On pon, paź 21, 2013 at 08:38:52 -0400, Robert James wrote:
> I have a table of event_id, event_time.  Many times, several events
> happen in a row.  I'd like a query which replaces all of those events
> with a single record, showing the count.
>
> Eg: Take A,A,A,B,C,A,D,A,A,D,D,B,C,C and return: A,3; B,1; C,1; A,1;
> D,1; A,2; D,2; B,1; C,2
> How can I do that?

"A" or other letters don't really match your schema description.
Please provide sample schema (as in: create table ...), sample data, and
expected output.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/