Re: expert : SRF returning double[]

От Rémi Cura
Тема Re: expert : SRF returning double[]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
another auto-answer :

Suprisingly ,

result = construct_array(...)
SRF_RETURN_NEXT(funcctx, PointerGetDatum(result));

But Datum memory must be allocated

Cheers,

Rémi-C

2014/1/16 Rémi Cura <remi.cura@gmail.com>
Hey list,

another tricky C function interface problem :

How to write a set returning function, that returns for each row an array?

it seems like the main function SRF_RETURN_NEXT takes Datum and so I can't use PG_RETURN_ARRAYTYPE_P().

Shall I encapsulate the array into a composite field (only 1 field : the double array)

I looked a lot for an example wihtout success.

Help greatly appreciated,

thanks,

Cheers,
Rémi-C