partitoning expert : Partitonning with specialization of one column type

От Rémi Cura
Тема partitoning expert : Partitonning with specialization of one column type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey, postgres 9.3 here.
for partitionning expert.

I have several table child with columns (gid serial, patch pcpatch(n))
where n may change depending on the tables, and pcpatch is a type from pgpointcloud extension
(here is the definition)
-----
CREATE TYPE pcpatch
   (INPUT=pcpatch_in,
       OUTPUT=pcpatch_out,
       RECEIVE=-,
       SEND=-,
       TYPMOD_IN=pc_typmod_in,
       TYPMOD_OUT=pc_typmod_out,
       ANALYZE=-,
       CATEGORY='U', DEFAULT='',
       INTERNALLENGTH=-1, ALIGNMENT=int4, STORAGE=MAIN);
-----

The question is, how do I create an inheritance scheme?

If the father table is

CREATE TABLE father(
gid serial,
patch pcpatch
) ;

trying to put child_1, child_2 ... to inherit father raise an error

----
child table "test_child_1" has different type for column "patch"
----

So my question is, how would it be possible (if at all) to inherit of father table, while specializing the type of father table in child table?

Thanks,
Cheers,
Rémi-C

Сообщение: Re: Would like to know how analyze works technically
Сообщение: Re: Would like to know how analyze works technically