Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 5:56 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 2:55 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

Note that I still find this API confusing, it seems to me that just
sorting out the confusion problems with PQhost and then use it would be
more simple.

OK, Understood. Even if the confusion problems with PQhost that are
discussed in [1] are solved, we need two new API's that are required to\
display the proper remote server details.

PQhostNoDefault - Similar like PQhost but doesn't return default host details.

Displaying default value always some confuse even if the user doesn't provide
the host details, so to avoid that confusion, we need this function.

PQhostaddr - Return hostaddr used in the connection.

Without PQhostaddr() function, for the connections where the host is not
specified, it will be difficult to find out to remote server.

With the above two new API's we can display either string or individual columns
representation of remote server.

As I didn't hear objections, I changed the patch as per the above description
with two new libpq API's and also with three additional columns "remote_hostname",
"remote_hostaddr" and "remote_port" to the pg_stat_wal_receiver view.

I didn't explicitly add the CONNECTION_BAD, because the added libpq functions
must return the value even the connection is not established.

Updated patch attached.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia