Re: current_logfiles not following group access and instead followslog_file_mode permissions

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: current_logfiles not following group access and instead followslog_file_mode permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 4:33 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 06:51:37PM +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> IMO, this update is just a recommendation to the user, and sometimes it is
> still possible that there may be strict permissions for the log file
> even the data directory is allowed for the group access. So I feel
> it is still better to update the permissions of the current_logfiles
> to the database files permissions than log file permissions.

I was just reading again this thread, and the suggestions that
current_logfiles is itself not a log file is also a sensible
position.  I was just looking at the patch that you sent at the top of
the thread here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAJrrPGcEotF1P7AWoeQyD3Pqr-0xkQg_Herv98DjbaMj+naozw@mail.gmail.com

Thanks for the review.

And actually it seems to me that you have a race condition in that
stuff.  I think that you had better use umask(), then fopen, and then
once again umask() to put back the previous permissions, removing the
extra chmod() call.

Changed the patch to use umask() instead of chmod() according to
your suggestion.

updated patch attached.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi