Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Haribabu Kommi
<kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +typedef struct StorageAmRoutine
>> +{
>>
>> In this structure, you have already covered most of the API's that a
>> new storage module needs to provide, but I think there could be more.
>> One such API could be heap_hot_search.  This seems specific to current
>> heap where we have the provision of HOT.  I think we can provide a new
>> API tuple_search or something like that.
>

> Thanks for the review.
>
> Yes, the storageAmRoutine needs more function pointers. Currently I am
> adding all the functions that are present in the heapam.h and some slot
> related function from tuptable.h.

Hmm, this API is exposed via heapam.h.  Am I missing something?

Sorry I was not clearly explaining in my earlier mail. Yes your are right
that the heap_hot_search function exists in heapam.h, but I am yet to
add all the exposed functions that are present in the heapam.h file to
the storageAmRoutine structure.

> Once I stabilize the code and API's that
> are
> currently added, then I will further enhance it with remaining functions
> that
> are necessary to support pluggable storage API.

Sure, but I think if we found any thing during development/review,
then we should either add it immediately or at the very least add fix
me in a patch to avoid forgetting the finding.

OK. I will add all the functions that are identified till now.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia