initdb --allow-group-access behaviour in windows

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема initdb --allow-group-access behaviour in windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,

During the testing of new feature allowing group access mode for the data directory by specifying initdb --allow-group-access by one of my collegue, we didn't observe any change in the data folder permissions. With/without group access the data folder have permissions to the group.

As Microsoft windows doesn't support POSIX style of permissions, we always set for the permissions GUC's as not supported in windows. Even the new GUC that is added with
--allow-group-access feature also mentioned the same.

The initdb --allow-group-access doesn't have any impact on the microsoft windows, so I feel it should be better to write the same in initdb docs?

need a patch?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia