Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statisticsof a specific query

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statisticsof a specific query
Дата
Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statisticsof a specific query  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 1:57 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 7:13 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2018-Nov-28, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> > The problem with this idea is that if someone specifies a particular
> > parameter using query and the query doesn't return any parameters,
> > then it can lead to inadvertent behavior.  For example, if user uses
> > something like pg_stat_statements_reset(<valid_user_id>,
> > <valid_db_id>, SELECT s.queryid FROM pg_stat_statements AS s WHERE
> > s.query = 'SELECT $1 AS "ONE"');  now, if the query doesn't return any
> > row, we will remove the stats for all queries that belong to
> > (userid,dbid).  It could be surprising for some users, that's why we
> > came up with option-4 where we keep the default value of parameters as
> > 0.
>
> Right, I think option 4 is a clear improvement over option 1.  I can get
> behind that one.  Since not many people care to vote, I think this tips
> the scales enough to that side.

Agreed.  Hari, can you change the patch as per the requirements of option-4.

Apologies for delay. Thanks to all your opinions.

Attached is the updated patch as per the option-4 and added a test also to ensure
the function strictness.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia