Re: pg_basebackup ignores the existing data directory permissions

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: pg_basebackup ignores the existing data directory permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 3:02 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-03-19 08:34, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> How about the following change?
>
> pg_basebackup  --> copies the contents of the src directory (with group
> access)
> and even the root directory permissions.
>
> pg_basebackup --no-group-access   --> copies the contents of the src
> directory
> (with no group access) even for the root directory.

I'm OK with that.  Perhaps a positive option --allow-group-access would
also be useful.

Do you want both --allow-group-access and --no-group-access options to
be added to pg_basebackup?

Without --allow-group-access is automatically --no-group-access?

Or you want pg_basebackup independently decide the group access irrespective
of the source directory?

Even if the source directory is "not group access", pg_basebackup --allow-group-access
make it standby as "group access".

source directory is "group access", pg_basebackup --no-group-access make it
"no group access" standby directory.

Default behavior of pg_basebackup is just to copy same as source directory?

Let's make sure the behavior of these options is aligned with initdb.
And write tests for each variant.

OK.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi