Re: MSVC Build support with visual studio 2019

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: MSVC Build support with visual studio 2019
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 7:36 AM Juanjo Santamaria Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:
I have gone through path '0001-Support-building-with-visual-studio-2019.patch' only, but I am sure some comments will also apply to back branches.

Thanks for the review.

1. The VisualStudioVersion value looks odd:

+       $self->{VisualStudioVersion}        = '16.0.32.32432';

Are you using a pre-release version [1]?

I first developed this patch on the preview version.
I updated it to version 16.0.28729.10.

2. There is a typo: s/stuido/studio/:

+       # The major visual stuido that is suppored has nmake version >= 14.20 and < 15.

There is something in the current code that I think should be also updated. The code for _GetVisualStudioVersion contains:

  if ($major > 14)
        {
        carp
         "The determined version of Visual Studio is newer than the latest supported version. Returning the latest supported version instead.";
        return '14.00';
        }

Shouldn't the returned value be '14.20' for Visual Studio 2019?

Yes, that will be good to return Visual Studio 2019, updated.

Updated patches are attached for all branches.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia
Вложения