Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 2:31 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 1:43 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

OK. I will work on the doc changes.

Sorry for the delay.

Attached a draft patch of doc and comments changes that I worked upon.
Currently I added comments to the callbacks that are present in the TableAmRoutine
structure and I copied it into the docs. I am not sure whether it is a good approach or not?
I am yet to add description for the each parameter of the callbacks for easier understanding.

Or, Giving description of each callbacks in the docs with division of those callbacks
according to them divided in the TableAmRoutine structure? Currently following divisions
are available.
1. Table scan
2. Parallel table scan
3. Index scan
4. Manipulation of physical tuples
5. Non-modifying operations on individual tuples
6. DDL
7. Planner
8. Executor

Suggestions?

Here I attached the doc patches for the pluggable storage, I divided the API's into the above
specified groups and explained them in the docs.I can further add more details if the approach
seems fine.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia