Re: postgres_fdw : altering foreign table not invalidating prepare statement execution plan.

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: postgres_fdw : altering foreign table not invalidating prepare statement execution plan.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
On 2016/11/30 17:53, Amit Langote wrote:
On 2016/11/30 17:25, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
Done.  I modified the patch so that any inval in pg_foreign_server also
blows the whole plan cache.

I noticed the following addition:

+       CacheRegisterSyscacheCallback(FOREIGNDATAWRAPPEROID,
PlanCacheSysCallback, (Datum) 0);

Is that intentional?  I thought you meant only to add for pg_foreign_server.

Yes, that's intentional; we would need that as well, because cached plans might reference FDW-level options, not only server/table-level options.  I couldn't come up with regression tests for FDW-level options in postgres_fdw, though.

Moved to next CF with "needs review" status.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia