Re: [HACKERS] Commitfest 201709 is now closed

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Commitfest 201709 is now closed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 3:12 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> Thanks to everyone who participated, and to everyone who have responded to my
>> nagging via the CF app email function. This is clearly an awesome community.
>
> And thanks to you for your hard work as CFM!  That's tedious and
> largely thankless work, but it's needed to keep things moving.

+1.

I think we need to figure out some plan for tackling the backlog of
Ready for Committer patches, though.  There are currently 42 of them,
10 of which are listed (maybe not all correctly) as bug fixes.  That's
not great.

How about having an another extra week like (commit week) after commitfest
closed(may be new state like "commit" or etc) for the Ready for committer
patches to let have the feed back from committers, In case of some rework
is required and it will be get ready by the next commitfest begins.

I feel something along these lines may get earlier feedback to the the patches.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia