Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 11:10 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2019-01-21 10:32:37 +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> I am not able to remove the complete t_tableOid from HeapTuple,
> because of its use in triggers, as the slot is not available in triggers
> and I need to store the tableOid also as part of the tuple.

What precisely do you man by "use in triggers"? You mean that a trigger
might access a HeapTuple's t_tableOid directly, even though all of the
information is available in the trigger context?

I forgot the exact scenario, but during the trigger function execution, the
pl/pgsql function execution access the TableOidAttributeNumber from the stored
tuple using the heap_get* function. Because of lack of slot support in the triggers,
we still need to maintain the t_tableOid with proper OID. The heaptuple t_tableOid
member data is updated whenever the heaptuple is generated from slot.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia