Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

Here I attached new set of patches related to supporting of multi tenancy.
All the existing old patches are just rebased to latest master.

A new patch is added to address the pg_dump problem of dumping the data
based on the visibility after applying catalog row level security policies.

A new GUC catalog_row_level_security option is added, this option is
ON by default
and it will be set to OFF by pg_dump whenever --disable-catalog-row-security is
passed as an option to pg_dump. I didn't add this option to pg_restore similar
like --enable-row-security as I don't find a need for the same. By
default pg_dump
dumps the data that is visible to the user, whenever the catalog_row_security is
disabled and there exists some row level security policies, an error
is thrown similar
like row_security.

The above changes are based on my understanding to the discussion occurred in
this mail. In case if I miss anything, please let me know, i will
correct the same.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia