Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

Apart from rebase, I have added the support for external relation to be stored in the
pg_class. These are additional relations that may be used by the extensions. Currently
these relations cannot be queried from SQL statements and also these relations cannot
be dumped using pg_dump. Yet to check and confirm the pg_upgrade of these relations.

Here I attached rebased patchset to the latest HEAD. Apart from rebase, I try to fix the JIT
support with pluggable storage, but it doesn't work yet.

Thanks Alexander for conducting the pluggable table access method discussion in unconference
session at PGCon, I was not able to attend. From one of my colleague who attended the session
told me that, there was a major discussion around TOAST and VACUUM features support. I would
like to share the state of those two features in the current patch set.

TOAST:
I already moved some part of the toast capabilities to the storage, still there exists majority of the
part that needs to be handled. The decision of TOAST should be part of the access method that
handles the data. I will work on it further to provide better API.

VACUUM:
Not much changes are done in this apart moving the Vacuum visibility functions as part of the
storage. But idea for the Vacuum was with each access method can define how it should perform.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia
Вложения