Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 11:53 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2019-04-02 11:39:57 +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> > What made you rename indexam.sgml to am.sgml, instead of creating a
> > separate tableam.sgml?  Seems easier to just have a separate file?
> >

> No specific reason, I just thought of adding all the access methods under
> one file.
> I can change it to tableam.sgml.

I'd rather keep it separate. It seems likely that both table and indexam
docs will grow further over time, and they're not that closely
related. Additionally not moving sect1->sect2 etc will keep links stable
(which we could also achieve with different sect1 names, I realize
that).

OK.

> I can understand your point of avoiding function-by-function API reference,
> as the user can check directly the code comments, Still I feel some people
> may refer the doc for API changes. I am fine to remove based on your
> opinion.

I think having to keeping both tableam.h and the sgml file current is
too much overhead - and anybody that's going to create a new tableam is
going to be able to look into the source anyway.

Here I attached updated patches as per the discussion.
Is the description of table access methods is enough? or do you want me to
add some more details?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia