Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 5:43 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 2:13 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

While 0001 is pretty bulky, the interesting bits concentrate on a
comparatively small area. I'd appreciate if somebody could give the
comments added in tableam.h a read (both on callbacks, and their
wrappers, as they have different audiences). It'd make sense to first
read the commit message, to understand the goal (and I'd obviously also
appreciate suggestions for improvements there as well).

I'm pretty happy with the current state of the scan patch. I plan to do
two more passes through it (formatting, comment polishing, etc. I don't
know of any functional changes needed), and then commit it, lest
somebody objects.

I found couple of typos in the committed patch, attached patch fixes them.
I am not sure about one typo, please check it once.

And I reviewed the 0002 patch, which is a pretty simple and it can be committed.

As you are modifying the 0003 patch for modify API's, I went and reviewed the
existing patch and found couple corrections that are needed, in case if you are not
taken care of them already.

+ /* Update the tuple with table oid */
+ slot->tts_tableOid = RelationGetRelid(relation);
+ if (slot->tts_tableOid != InvalidOid)
+ tuple->t_tableOid = slot->tts_tableOid;

The setting of slot->tts_tableOid is not required in this function,
After set the check is happening, the above code is present in both
heapam_heap_insert and heapam_heap_insert_speculative.

+ slot->tts_tableOid = RelationGetRelid(relation);

In heapam_heap_update, i don't think there is a need to update
slot->tts_tableOid.

+ default:
+ elog(ERROR, "unrecognized heap_update status: %u", result);

heap_update --> table_update?

+ default:
+ elog(ERROR, "unrecognized heap_delete status: %u", result);

same as above?

+ /*hari FIXME*/
+ /*Assert(result != HeapTupleUpdated && hufd.traversed);*/

Removing the commented codes in both ExecDelete and ExecUpdate functions.

+ /**/
+ if (epqreturnslot)
+ {
+ *epqreturnslot = epqslot;