От shveta malik
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 11:48 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are some review comments for patch v63-0003.

Thanks Peter. I have addressed all in v65.

> 4b.
> It was a bit different when there were ERRORs but now they are LOGs
> somehow it seems wrong for this function to say what the *caller* will
> do. Maybe you can rewrite all the errmsg so the don't say "skipping"
> but they just say "bad configuration for slot synchronization"
>
> If valid is false then you can LOG "skipping" at the caller...

I have made this change but now in the log file we see 3 logs like
below, does it seem apt? Was the earlier one better where we get the
info in 2 lines?

[34416] LOG:  bad configuration for slot synchronization
[34416] HINT:  hot_standby_feedback must be enabled.
[34416] LOG:  skipping slot synchronization

thanks
Shveta