От shveta malik
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 1:28 PM Bertrand Drouvot
<bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Because one could create say the "=" OPERATOR in their own schema, attach a
> function to it doing undesired stuff and change the search_path for the database
> the sync slot worker connects to.
>
> Then this new "=" operator would be used (instead of the pg_catalog.= one),
> triggering the "undesired" function as superuser.

Thanks for the details. I understand it now.  We do not use '=' in our
main slots-fetch query but we do use '=' in remote-validation query.
See validate_remote_info(). Do you think instead of doing the above,
we can override search-path with empty string in the slot-sync case.
SImilar to logical apply worker and autovacuum worker case (see
InitializeLogRepWorker(), AutoVacWorkerMain()).

thanks
Shveta