Re: BUG #16283: crash on create index segmentation fault

От Przemysław Szustak
Тема Re: BUG #16283: crash on create index segmentation fault
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I installed postgresql-10-dbg. I can't find how to do it in postgis.
sudo apt install postgis(tab tab)
    postgis      postgis-doc  postgis-gui
sudo apt install postgresql-10-postgis-(tab tab)
    postgresql-10-postgis-2.4          postgresql-10-postgis-2.4-scripts  postgresql-10-postgis-2.5          postgresql-10-postgis-2.5-scripts  postgresql-10-postgis-3            postgresql-10-postgis-3-scripts

I updated github info.
New logs from core dump was available below 'new crash dump file generated after install postgres dbg and run gbd -p 'postgres-10-PID''.
I generated bt from old dump crash too.

pt., 28 lut 2020 o 22:00 Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> napisał(a):
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 08:58:19PM +0100, Przemysław Szustak wrote:
>I updated info on github logs because now system was generated new core
>dump.
>
>How can I get you more information? I don't now how to debug it.

Well, it's hard to say what exactly is happening, without getting a
better backtrace. Your system is apparently missing debug symbols, so
you need to do something like

   sudo aptitude install postgresql-10-dbg

or something like that. And the same for postgis, I assume. Then
generate the backtrace again (using the existing core file).

You might also attach gdb to the running backend, trigger the issue
and do more investigation there.

1) determine the PID of the backend handling your connection

   db=# select pg_backend_pid();

2) attach GDB to the process

   $ gdb -p $PID
   (gdb) c

3) Run the query using the same backend, once it triggers you'll be able
to do 'bt' in the gdb shell and inspect variables.

This needs the debug symbols too, though.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Z poważaniem,