Re: pgadmin4 won't use pgpass file

От Saulteau Don
Тема Re: pgadmin4 won't use pgpass file
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Ignacio and Martuza, thanks for the pointers.

The file permissions were good and it turns out it was the host addr of localhost causing a problem.

I did have to change it to /var/run/postgresql

I originally used localhost because of the postgresql (was looking at OLD docs from 9.4! my mistake) docs and thought it would resolve to the default socket directory:

A host name of localhost matches both TCP (host name localhost) and Unix domain socket (pghost empty or the default socket directory) connections coming from the local machine.