Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion

От Imre Samu
Тема Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Maybe - you can re-use this backup tricks.

for example:
"""
Idea was: All these tables had primary key based on serial. We could easily get min and max value of the primary key column, and then split it into half-a-million-ids “partitions", then dump them separately using:
psql -qAt -c "COPY ( SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE id BETWEEN x AND y) TO STDOUT" | gzip -c - > TABLE.x.y.dump
"""

best,
Imre