Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?

От Imre Samu
Тема Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Give me a couple million bucks, and I’ll hire some of the Postgres devs to build a new database.
> We could crib some of the low-level code from Postgres, but everything above the low level would need to be rewritten.

You can check the EdgeDB experiments:    https://www.edgedb.com/
"What is EdgeDB? EdgeDB is a new kind of database that takes the best parts of relational databases, graph databases, and ORMs. We call it a graph-relational database."
"EdgeDB uses PostgreSQL as its data storage and query execution engine, benefitting from its exceptional reliability."
-  (2019) We Can Do Better Than SQL:  https://www.edgedb.com/blog/we-can-do-better-than-sql
    "The questions we often hear are “Why create a new query language?” and “What’s wrong with SQL?”. This post contains answers to both. ... "
- EdgeQL:   https://www.edgedb.com/docs/edgeql/index "EdgeQL is a spiritual successor to SQL designed with a few core principles in mind."
- GraphQL:  https://www.edgedb.com/docs/graphql/index   EdgeDB supports GraphQL queries natively out of the box.

EdgeQL example from the blog;

select