Fwd: Type Ownership-change vs. Grant/Revoke: Grantors not updated with Ownership Changes

От Bekoe, Evans Akai
Тема Fwd: Type Ownership-change vs. Grant/Revoke: Grantors not updated with Ownership Changes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

One of the consequence of the behaviour described in the forwarded email is
that, restoring from pg_dump may fail.
This is because pg_dump first revokes all privileges on objects and then
Grants them in the context of the Grantors.
If the Grantor (previously an Owner for example) no longer has permissions
to Grant, the operation fails.

In the setup below, I get the following state after trying to inject the
pg_dump fails:

postgres=#  \dT+ test.type
                                List of data types
 Schema | Name | Internal name | Size | Elements | Access privileges |
Description
 test   | type | type          | 4    | a        |                   |

Not updating the Grantor info for Types is inconsistent with what is done
in the case of Tables. This may lead to unrecoverable pg_dumps.

--Evans