Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system

От Fred .Flintstone
Тема Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It does not matter if they are in a different directory, because when
I use tab-completion in the shell, then all commands show.
I type "create<tab>" then "createdb" and "createuser" shows up. This
is very confusing, and I don't know if this creates a Linux system
user account or a PostgreSQL account. Without knowing better, I would
be inclined to believe such a command would create a system account.

It gets even more confusing when a user have multiple database servers
installed such as MySQL and PostgreSQL or MongoDB and PostgreSQL. Then
it is very confusing what "createdb" does.