Re: Testing of a fast method to bulk insert a Pandas DataFrame into Postgres

От Steve Midgley
Тема Re: Testing of a fast method to bulk insert a Pandas DataFrame into Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 8:55 AM Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone tested this one?

I tried psql_insert_copy method, but I got the following error message.

to_sql() got an unexpected keyword argument 'method'

Can anyone shed light on this?

Interesting - I wasn't aware there was a faster method than "COPY ... FROM ... CSV"

Maybe my best input is that I've always found COPY/FROM/CSV to be insanely fast and really easy to write from any standard console or ORM, so maybe the fractional performance increase from other methods isn't worth it, given how performant, reliable and easy to use this approach is? Not really an answer but food for thought..

Steve

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: