Re: Returned row count doesn't match lines in output file

От Steve Midgley
Тема Re: Returned row count doesn't match lines in output file
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:58 AM Tchouante, Merlin <mtchouan@umaryland.edu> wrote:

Hello group,

I’m new to this group so please bear with me.

select count (u.user_id)

from users u, course_main cm, course_users cu

where cu.crsmain_pk1 = cm.pk1

and cu.users_pk1 = u.pk1

and cm.course_id = 'Org.dent.Training';

(4915 rows)

I’m executing an .sql file which looks like this:

\o /home/bbuser/banner/gradeload/sodorgusers.txt

\t on

select u.user_id||'|'||u.firstname||'|'||u.lastname||'|'||u.email||'|'||u.student_id

from users u, course_main cm, course_users cu

where cu.crsmain_pk1 = cm.pk1

and cu.users_pk1 = u.pk1

and cm.course_id = 'Org.dent.Training'

order by u.lastname, u.firstname;

\t off

\o

When I look at the output file, it has a bunch of blank lines in between the records but displays a line count of 4916.  What is causing the blank lines?  When I strip away the blank lines from the file, I get 3525 lines.  Why aren’t all 4,915 records writing to the file?

If you just run a simple select on user_id (none of the pipe concat stuff) from the file, what results do you get? Also if you run the count statement from the file, what results do you get? (Just want to make sure you're not accidentally running against a different server, database or default schema as the source of the problem..)

Steve

Вложения

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Returned row count doesn't match lines in output file
Сообщение: RE: Returned row count doesn't match lines in output file