Re: How to capture error message and save to a table in PostgreSQL?

От Steve Midgley
Тема Re: How to capture error message and save to a table in PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 2:46 AM Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, All,

I wish to test out to produce a table when data violates constraints when insert into a new table with constraint set.  How to capture and save error message to a new table?

INSERT INTO test3 ("Record Type", "Unique Reference Number", "Supplier Reference Number", "Post Code")
SELECT "Record Type", "Unique Reference Number", "Supplier Reference Number", "Post Code" from test;

ERROR:  new row for relation "test3" violates check constraint "test3_Post Code_check"
DETAIL:  Failing row contains (L, 14986526, 1207174, null, null, null, null, null, null, SURREY, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null).
SQL state: 23514

Maybe create a trigger and trigger on error? I've never done it but it looks like it is doable.. Does this help?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: