Re: Added schema level support for publication.

От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 9:33 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > How do you suggest changing it?
>
> Personally, I think we'd better move the code about changing publication's
> tablelist into AlterPublicationTables and the code about changing publication's
> schemalist into AlterPublicationSchemas. It's similar to what the v29-patchset
> did, the difference is the SET action, I suggest we drop all the tables in
> function AlterPublicationTables when user only set schemas and drop all the
> schema in AlterPublicationSchemas when user only set tables. In this approach,
> we can keep schema and relation code separate and don't need to worry
> about the locking order.
>
> Attach a top-up patch which refactor the code like above.
> Thoughts ?

Sounds like a good idea.
Is it possible to incorporate the existing
CheckPublicationAlterTables() and CheckPublicationAlterSchemas()
functions into your suggested update?
I think it might tidy up the error-checking a bit.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia