Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 5:07 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've attached rebased patches. 0004 patch is not the scope of this
> patch. It's borrowed from another thread[1] to fix the assertion
> failure for newly added tests. Please review them.

I have a few comments on the v12-0002 patch:

(1) Patch comment

Has a typo and could be expressed a bit better.

Suggestion:

BEFORE:
RESET command is reuiqred by follow-up commit introducing to a new
parameter skip_xid to reset.
AFTER:
The RESET parameter for ALTER SUBSCRIPTION is required by the
follow-up commit that introduces a new resettable subscription
parameter "skip_xid".

doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_subscription.sgml

(2)
I don't think "RESET" is sufficiently described in
alter_subscription.sgml. Just putting it under "SET" and changing
"altered" to "set" doesn't explain what resetting does. It should say
something about setting the parameter back to its original (default)
value.

(3)
case ALTER_SUBSCRIPTION_RESET_OPTIONS

Some comments here would be helpful e.g. Reset the specified
parameters back to their default values.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia