Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error

От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 4:34 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Besides all of those changes, I've removed the obsolete
> comment of DisableSubscriptionOnError in v12.

I have a few minor comments, otherwise the patch LGTM at this point:

doc/src/sgml/catalogs.sgml
(1)
Current comment says:

+       If true, the subscription will be disabled when subscription's
+       worker detects any errors

However, in create_subscription.sgml, it says "disabled if any errors
are detected by subscription workers ..."

For consistency, I think it should be:

+       If true, the subscription will be disabled when subscription
+       workers detect any errors

src/bin/psql/describe.c
(2)
I think that:

+  gettext_noop("Disable On Error"));

should be:

+  gettext_noop("Disable on error"));

for consistency with the uppercase/lowercase usage on other similar entries?
(e.g. "Two phase commit")

src/include/catalog/pg_subscription.h
(3)

+  bool subdisableonerr; /* True if apply errors should disable the
+                                       * subscription upon error */

The comment should just say "True if occurrence of apply errors should
disable the subscription"

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia