Re: Added schema level support for publication.

От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 3:35 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sawada-San, others, what do you think? Is it really useful to have such a view?
>
> One point to think is if we introduce such a view then how it should
> behave for schema objects? Do we need to display only schemas or
> additionally all the tables in the schema as well? If you follow the
> above suggestion of mine then I think it will display both schemas
> published and tables in that schema that will be considered for
> publishing.

I find the proposed view useful for processing the publication
structure and members in SQL, without having to piece the information
together from the other pg_publication_* tables.
Personally I don't think it is necessary to additionally display all
tables in the schema (that information can be retrieved by pg_tables
or information_schema.tables, if needed).

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia