Re: Parallel INSERT (INTO ... SELECT ...)

От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: Parallel INSERT (INTO ... SELECT ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 11:57 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sure but in that case 'top_plan->parallel_safe' should be false and it
> > should stick Gather node atop Insert node.
> >

> /should/should not.

OK, for the minimal patch, just allowing INSERT with parallel SELECT,
you're right, neither of those additional "commandType == CMD_SELECT"
checks are needed, so I'll remove them. (In the main patch, I think
the first check can be removed, once the XID handling is fixed; the
second check is definitely needed though).

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia