Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 4:31 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think here the main point is that does this addresses Peter's
> concern for this Patch to use a separate syntax? Peter E., can you
> please confirm? Do let us know if you have something else going in
> your mind?

Peter's concern seemed to be that the use of a subscription option,
though convenient, isn't an intuitive natural fit for providing this
feature (i.e. ability to skip a transaction by xid). I tend to have
that feeling about using a subscription option for this feature. I'm
not sure what possible alternative syntax he had in mind and currently
can't really think of a good one myself that fits the purpose.

I think that the 1st and 2nd patch are useful in their own right, but
couldn't this feature (i.e. the 3rd patch) be provided instead as an
additional Replication Management function (see 9.27.6)?
e.g. pg_replication_skip_xid

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia