Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows

От Pawel Kudzia
Тема Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 10:51 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:

> On 16/07/2021 10:06, Pawel Kudzia wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 8:49 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi
> > <mailto:hlinnaka@iki.fi>> wrote:
> >
> > thank you for the hint. i've messed up patching. now i can get one step
> > further:
> >
> > data=# CREATE EXTENSION amcheck;
> > CREATE EXTENSION
> > data=# gin_index_parent_check('entity_attribute_name_ids_gin');
> > ERROR:  syntax error at or near "gin_index_parent_check"
> > LINE 1: gin_index_parent_check('entity_attribute_name_ids_gin');
> >          ^
>
> Ah, sorry, you need to call it with SELECT, like:
>
> SELECT gin_index_parent_check('entity_attribute_name_ids_gin');

That worked. It gave me gin_index_parent_check.txt, attached.

> > i've also applied trace-gin-readbuffer-2.patch
>
> Darn, I missed one function that's used to read a page when descending
> the GIN tree. That explains the seemingly nonsensical accesses in the
> log - the trace left out some crucial accesses.
>
> Attached is a new version of that debugging patch. Please repeat the
> same steps as before with this:
>
> 1. Apply the patch (remove previous patch first if necessary)
>
> 2. Compile Postgres, "make install"
>
> 3. Clear the log, start postgres
>
> 4. Run the query again:
>
> SELECT ctid, entity_id FROM entity WHERE
> ( attribute_name_ids && '{1737}' ) AND NOT ( (attribute_name_ids||0)
> && '{1737}') LIMIT 10;

for clarity - i'm also running "set enable_seqscan=off" before that
select to ensure that GIN is used.

SELECT gave me

     ctid     | entity_id
--------------+-----------
 (4002784,1)  |  38048120
 (4002869,14) |  95333744
(2 rows)

> 5. Stop the server.
>
> 6. Extract the content of the accessed index blocks:
>
> cat <path to postgres log> | perl -ne '/.*read gin blk (\d+)/ && print
> "$1\n" ' | sort -n |uniq > /tmp/blocknums
>
> psql data -c "create temp table blocknums(blknum int); copy blocknums
> from '/tmp/blocknums'; copy (select blknum,
> get_raw_page('entity_attribute_name_ids_gin', blknum) from blocknums) to
> '/tmp/block-contents';"
>
> 7. Send over /tmp/blocknums, /tmp/block-contents and the postgres log again.

I'm sending those over directly to your mail.

> Thank you for your patience!

Thanks a lot for the investigation!

--
regards,