Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows

От Pawel Kudzia
Тема Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 10:27 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

> Just to make sure: are you using any kind of storage or other virtualization, or a SAN? And what is your approach to
backups?

> Peter Geoghegan
> (Sent from my phone)

It's locally attached storage:

2x NVMe installed in the server
on them mdadm RAID1
on that LUKS full disk encryption
on that ext4

please note that exactly the same storage / partition holds also MySQL
and Sphinxsearch databases - all those run at the same server, under
different users. all of them [ PG, MySQL, Sphinx ] are under heavy
read traffic and update traffic comparable to one described above for
postgresql - there are no consistency issues in Sphinx, MySQL
databases.

postgresql backups are done with pg_dumpall every 24h, we also use
streaming replication so servers where inconsistencies were found are
also masters for 5 replicas.

--
regards,
Pawel Kudzia