get number and names of processes connected to postgresql

От Gregg Jaskiewicz
Тема get number and names of processes connected to postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Basically, I got bunch of local processes connecting to postgresql,
need to aggregate some sort of report about number of connections and
its origin every so often.
pg version is 8.3

Any ideas if there's tools to gather that info on linux ?
Netstat is the only one I know, but I have to parse/awk its output to
get something meaningful out of it.

Ideas are welcomed.

--
GJ