Re: BUG #9068: invalid YY_START on Unicode identifier escape syntax

От Manuel Gómez
Тема Re: BUG #9068: invalid YY_START on Unicode identifier escape syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> targen@gmail.com writes:
>> Long story short:
>
>>     manuel@debian $ psql
>>     psql (9.3.2)
>>     Type "help" for help.
>
>>     manuel=# U&""""
>>     invalid YY_START
>>     manuel@debian $
>
> Fixed, thanks for the report!
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Thanks!  Just tested this though, and I’m not sure it’s really working
as intended:
   manuel@debian $ printf '%s\n' 'select 42 as U&"a"' | psql   ERROR:  syntax error at end of input   LINE 1: select 42
asU&"a"                            ^   manuel@debian $ printf '%s\n' 'select 42 as "a"' | psql   a   ----   42   (1
row)
   manuel@lechuza $ psql   psql (9.4devel)   Type "help" for help.
   manuel=# select 42 as U&"a"   manuel-#

(after that last command, it correctly waits for more input)

So apparently it works fine in interactive use of psql, but behavior
is inconsistent with other sorts of identifier tokens when the end of
input is an appropriate substitute for a terminator.  This is perhaps
a minor annoyance since adding a semicolon solves it.

Aside from this, I have a few other bits of code failing, but they
seem to be happening in plpgsql — is this form of identifier escaping
supposed to work in that context?  If so, I can try to produce a
minimal failing test case.