Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data

От John Naylor
Тема Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Something that bothered me a bit while writing the warning-producing code
> is that showing %bki_values isn't actually that great a way of identifying
> the trouble spot.  By this point we've expanded out defaults and possibly
> replaced some other macros, so it doesn't look that much like what was
> in the .dat file.  I think what would be ideal, both here and in some
> other places like AddDefaultValues, is to be able to finger the location
> of the bad tuple by filename and line number, but I have no idea whether
> it's practical to annotate the tuples with that while reading the .dat
> files.  Any thoughts?

We could use the $. variable to save the line number, which is what
the old code had. AddDefaultValues will report the line number on
failure, so I left out explicit line number reporting. If memory
serves, Perl is sensitive to how you format the "die" message. If I
delete a default value from the header, I get this, reporting line 16:

Failed to form full tuple for pg_opfamily
Missing values for: opfnamespace
Showing other values for context:
oid => 421, opfmethod => 403, opfowner => PGUID, opfname =>
abstime_ops,  at ../../../src/backend/catalog/Catalog.pm line 259,
<$ifd> line 16.
Makefile:23: recipe for target 'reformat-dat-files' failed
make: *** [reformat-dat-files] Error 25

I think the context is good for pg_attribute, because there is no file
to read from.
I'll think about the lookup code.

-John Naylor