Re: MCV lists for highly skewed distributions

От John Naylor
Тема Re: MCV lists for highly skewed distributions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> FWIW, I suspect that a solution
> that doesn't take into account a metric like coefficient of variation
> will have the wrong behavior sometimes, whether for highly uniform or
> highly non-uniform distributions.

By this I meant the coefficient of variation of the class size in the
sample, as denoted by gamma in the Haas and Stokes paper on page 7.

-John Naylor

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)