Re: PostgreSQL Limits and lack of documentation about them.

От John Naylor
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Limits and lack of documentation about them.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/1/18, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> I've attached an updated patch, again it's just intended as an aid for
> discussions at this stage. Also included the rendered html.

Looks good so far. Based on experimentation with toasted columns, it
seems the largest row size is 452GB, but I haven't tried that on my
laptop. :-) As for the number-of-column limits, it's a matter of how
much detail we want to include. With all the numbers in my previous
email, that could probably use its own table if we include them all.

On 11/1/18, Nasby, Jim <nasbyj@amazon.com> wrote:
> It’s a bit misleading to say “Can be increased by increasing BLKSZ and
> recompiling”, since you’d also need to re initdb. Given that messing with
> BLKSZ is pretty uncommon I would simply put a note somewhere that mentions
> that these values assume the default BLKSZ of 8192.

+1

-John Naylor