Row-level Security vs Application-level authz

От Darin Gordon
Тема Row-level Security vs Application-level authz
Дата
Re: Row-level Security vs Application-level authz  (David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to understand the extent that row level security in postgresql 9.5 may replace, or augment, application-level access control.

I have a fully implemented application-level access control policy.  It's not clear to me how I will integrate or replace it with RLS.

Craig Ringer mentioned in a blog post:
 "Most importantly, row-security is pluggable – in addition to looking policies up from the system catalogs, it’s also possible to use a policy hook to supply arbitrary policy from extensions. "

It seems that my options will be to record authorization into the catalog or write an extension?

Thanks

Darin