Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming(including JIT)

От CK Tan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming(including JIT)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> For Q1 I think the bigger win is JITing the transition function
> invocation in advance_aggregates/transition_function - that's IIRC where
> the biggest bottleneck lies.

Yeah, we bundle the agg core into our expr work... no point otherwise since we do
it for OLAP.

As for experience, I think you have found out for yourself. There is a lot that
can be done and heuristics are involved in many places to decide whether
to jit fully, partially, or not at all.  But it looks like you have a solid basis now
to proceed and explore the beyond :-)

Send me private email if you have a particular question.

Regards,
-cktan